Job Number 20019673
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region| Suite 1108 11th Floor Cityplaza
One| Hong Kong S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Islands
Located on the North Atoll of Maldives| The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Islands
will be part of a lively integrated Marina Village & Resort Destination with
world class luxury living & recreation facilities. The resort is made up of 4
islands with 100 island and overwater villas. There are 5 food & beverage
options distributed among the islands. Other than the all-day dining| guests
can enjoy Italian| Chinese and Japanese teppanyaki specialties. Uniquely
design facilities include an experiential Kids Club| Recreation Club and Spa.
Our Ladies & Gentlemen will have the unique opportunity to live in a dedicated
village campus| with quality accommodation| with its own beach| entertainment
and resort lifestyle facilities| which includes a dedicated learning center.
The Fari Islands is 50 mins away from Male by speedboat and 10 mins by
seaplane. The resort is estimated to open in Nov 2020.
Shapes and executes an overall marketing strategy. Communicates this strategy
to the marketing team and other business units. Coordinates with sales
management in order to ensure alignment of marketing and sales strategies.
Evaluates past programs/events and develops new programs in order to generate
tours and meet or exceed goals. Participates in the performance management|
coaching| recruiting| and selection of the marketing workforce| and develops
compensation plans that will maximize productivity.
The ideal candidate for this role would have Pre-Opening experiences in resort
and Luxury band hotels. Maldives experiences will be highly preferred. As
location is remote| candidate is preferred to be able to relocate on single
package and there is no international schooling available.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor|s degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience; minimum 2 years
experience in a similar position.
• Proficiency in reading and writing English (additional language required for
• Successful Candidates Will Be Willing To: Work in close contact with the
general public in sales and marketing situations that require strong
communication and customer service skills.
• Openness to adapt to different cultural contexts based on location Must be
willing to work weekends and holidays as required by business needs.
Core Work Activities
Developing & Executing Marketing Strategy
• Develop and implement strategic plans to include budget considerations| site
goals| and forecasts for appropriate activities.
• Verify that pricing and communications regarding previews are consistent
across all channels. Develop tour generation program initiatives| including
but not limited to owner referral and reload programs| off-site locations| and
travel partner promotions.
• Collect and analyze competitive intelligence (e.g.| marketing
programs/campaigns) to assist in the enhancement and development of current
and future marketing strategy.
• Responsible for managing and implementing appropriate marketing mix to
ensure attainment of overall marketing costs.
Managing Tour Flow & Guest Experience
• Manage the sales floor to verifythat guest tour flow is efficient and
conducive to sales presentation discussions and purchase deliberations. Manage
activation process from site|s perspective (own and resolve challenges as they
• Monitor guest experience survey data| publish results for associate review|
and follow up as appropriate.
Developing Programs for Generating Traffic Flow/Business
• Coordinate with marketing operations and other site marketing programs on
new initiatives to increase production in channels.
• Develop strategies and incentive programs to meet or exceed budgeted
numbers. Identify trends when production is not meeting budget expectations
and implement solutions.
• Conduct performance and cost analysis of past programs/events (including
budget considerations and contractual provisions) and make recommendations to
improve and enhance future programs/events.
Maintaining| Analyzing| & Communicating Key Reports
• Use reports on individual and team production performance (e.g.|
Confirmations-Experiences per guest| volume-per-guest [VPG]| close rate|
employee satisfaction| Regional Customer Experience Report| Site Daily Flash).
• Conduct competitive market analysis (e.g.| cost per tour| development plans|
and marketing cost by channel and effort).
• Monitor Budget versus Actual Results (BUVARS) by department and channel and
prepare summaries of results for management (e.g.| site| regional| and sales
and marketing leadership). Monitor reports across channels to determine focus
for generating tours.
Managing External Relationships
• Negotiate contracts and work with vendors. Managing Relationships External
to Marketing Discuss action plans with the sales department to ensure that
vendor partnerships will help drive sales.
• Build and maintain relationships between sales management and the marketing
department to ensure there is a clear understanding of eligibility
requirements or details of participation for generating tours.
• Share marketing information and strategy with sales force.
• Coordinate closely with sales management on process for addressing guest
eligibility issues| tracking and discussing related trends.
• Build partnerships with resort operations| hotel linkage | OPC vendors| etc|
• Coordinate and prepare with Director of Sales quarterly business objectives.
Managing & Developing the Sales & Marketing Workforce
• Prepare for and conduct team meetings. Measure the performance of marketing
executives/team leaders against goals and hold them accountable. Provide one-
on-one coaching and mentoring to team associates.
• Reward and recognize associate performance (e.g.| way-to-go letters|
personal bests| top three per channel| top VPG| attendance| special
contribution| top three total packages).
• Motivate associates to increase production and performance (e.g.| through
contests| Special Performance Incentive Funds [SPIFs]| motivational
• Observe and identify associate areas of strength and development
opportunities (e.g.| through ride-alongs| shadowing| monitoring).
• Develop and/or update sales training manuals and sales process enhancements
(e.g.| Eagle Flight Plans| Resource Guides).
• Conduct formal performance reviews and use this information to create
individual development plans| career paths| and promotion development plans.
• Manage associate performance| developing performance plans for associates
below expectation (progressive discipline).
• Identify and respond to the needs/questions/issues (both work and non-work
related) brought forth by team associates.
• Mediate conflict in and between teams (e.g.| within marketing teams| between
marketing and sales teams).
• Provide guidelines for empowering associates to make decisions regarding
guest experience and service issues.
• Deliver and coordinate various training programs.
• Develop and review policies and procedures pertaining to work flow| lead
distribution| reward| recognition| and discipline.
• Create an awareness and understanding of policies and procedures for
conducting business (e.g.| Flight Plans| Local Standard Operating Procedures).
• Participate in recruiting (e.g.| make internal announcements to managers in
order to generate referrals| monitor online and print ads| respond to calls
and emails from potential applicants). Participate in selection processes
• Develop compensation plans for marketing teams that maximize production.
Contributing to the Management of the Enterprise
• Understand and abide by state and federal regulations around marketing
activity (e.g.| state marketing matrix| national Do Not Call registry [DNC]).
• Update plans and actions to prepare for management meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._