Job Number 19162577
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Hong Kong Tung Chung SH| Lot 38| 43a| Tung Chung| Hong Kong
S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
The Director of Marketing Communications is responsible for the planning|
direction| control| and coordination of all communication activities| with an
emphasis on public relations. Promotes and maintains good communications in
order to enhance the prestigious image of the hotel and by doing so
contributes to the revenues of the hotel.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing|
guest services| front desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years
experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Marketing Communications Activities
• Develops an annual communications plan with specific goals and budgets as
outlined in the hotel|s marketing plan/communications manual. Prepares working
plans to achieve goals and ensures the communications team is fully briefed on
goals and progress.
• Compares actual achievements against goals on a regular basis and takes
• Assists the DOSM in the planning of all mailing activities| and oversees
• Ensures that the corporate ID manual is kept up-to-date and implemented as
• Prepares on a timely basis the monthly sales & marketing “communications”
• Supervises and directs photography for advertising| collateral and public
relations purposes in liaison with the DOSM| the advertising agency and the
field marketing department at corporate office.
• Ensures the department has a comprehensive master slide/photo/CD library for
all advertising| collateral and public relations activities| and regularly
sends these to corporate office for the image library.
• Supervises operations of the in-house art department.
• Monitors activities of competitor hotels and trends within the industry.
Managing Public Relations Activities
• Acts as official spokesperson for the hotel when appropriate and responds to
all media requests within 24 hours.
• Compiles and maintains a comprehensive list of media contacts and manages
them as per the media account management system. Delegates assigned accounts
to communications staff as appropriate but takes full responsibility for the
key media by maintaining and developing close relationships
• Prepares press releases for appropriate targeted media| locally| regionally
• Works closely with the corporate and international press offices on
developing story angles.
• Plays a key role in community and government relations as well as VIP
• Secures opportunities| directs and attends hotel sponsored events| and
develops targeted partner relationships.
• Creates and organizes press promotional activities.
• Participates in the press events/trips organized by the regional PR offices
• Conducts press blitzes when appropriate.
• Ensures press kit information is comprehensive and kept up-to-date.
Managing Advertising Activities
• Works with the DOSM and advertising agency on the rooms and food & beverage
tactical advertising campaigns| creative and media plans.
• Maximizes advertising budget by ensuring that the hotel|s creative message
and media activities are consistent with the advertising of sister hotels and
the company group advertising.
• Ensures that the advertising creative is in synergy with the company|
projecting a consistent and quality message.
• Reviews the hotel|s market segmentation and other appropriate marketing
reports to ensure that the media scheduling matches those segments.
• Monitors and maintains media schedules as well as prompt settlement of
Managing Direct Marketing Activities
• Takes an integrated approach to DM activities| ensuring a consistent and
quality image is projected.
• Assists the DOSM in the planning| implementation and tracking of electronic
• Maintains budget control.
• Coordinates and executes production of all printed materials| with
assistance of advertising agencies| following the specifications stipulated in
the corporate ID manual.
• Ensures hotel information is updated regularly on the internet/intranet.
• Supervises the production and quality of all displays and temporary signage
in hotel public areas.
• Supervises and budgets for quality gift items as appropriate. Ensures
correct usage of hotel logo on gift items as stipulated in corporate ID
• Supervises the in-house graphic designer and/or print shop.