Job Number 20016365
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Hong Kong Tung Chung SH| Lot 38| 43a| Tung Chung| Hong Kong
S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Entry level management position that is responsible for the daily operations
in Room Service. Position directs| trains and assists employees to follow
standards in the delivery of food and beverage to guestrooms and hospitality
suites. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction is
achieved while maintaining the operating budget. Strengthens the food and
beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the food and beverage| or
related professional area| including at least 1 years in managerial position.
• Degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| Hospitality| or related major; 6 years experience in
the food and beverage| or related professional area| including at least 1
years in managerial position.
Excellent conversational skills in English and Cantonese is a must| good at Putonghua would be an advantage.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Room Service Operations
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Communicates areas in need of attention to staff and follows up to ensure
• Supervises daily shift operations and ensures compliance with all Room
Service policies| standards and procedures.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
Leading Room Service Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates| including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Provides the leadership| vision and direction to bring together and
prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions
for each position.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to
create awareness of business objectives| communicate expectations| recognize
performance and produce desired results.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an |open door| policy and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Supervises service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
Room Service Financial and Budgeting Goals
• Comprehends budgets| operating statements and payroll progress reports as
needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Participates in the management of department|s controllable expenses to
achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensures the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Interacts with guests| via phone or by accompanying server during meal
delivery| to obtain feedback on quality of product| service levels and overall
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process| providing
feedback as needed.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Identifies the educational needs of others| developing formal educational or
training programs or classes| and teaching or instructing others.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the
appropriate new hiring training to successfully perform their job.
• Trains staff and monitors adherence to all cash handling and credit policies
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Recognizes good quality products and presentations.