Job Number 20019717
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region| Suite 1108 11th Floor Cityplaza
One| Hong Kong S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Island
Located on the North Atoll of Maldives| The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Island
will be part of a lively integrated Marina Village & Resort Destination with
world class luxury living & recreation facilities. The resort is made up of 4
islands with 100 island and overwater villas. There are 5 food & beverage
options distributed among the islands. Other than the all-day dining| guests
can enjoy Italian| Chinese and Japanese teppanyaki specialties. Uniquely
design facilities include an experiential Kids Club| Recreation Club and Spa.
The resort is 45 mins away from Male by speedboat and 10 mins by seaplane. The
resort is estimated to open in Nov 2020.
Functions as the strategic business leader of the property|s Rooms department.
Responsible for planning| developing| implementing and evaluating the quality
of property’s rooms. Position works with direct reports to develop and
implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand
service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures Rooms operations
meet the brand’s standards| targets customer needs| ensures employee
satisfaction| focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial
performance of the department. Develops and implements property-wide
strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and
expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a
return on investment to the owner and company.
The ideal candidate for this role would have Pre-Opening experiences in resort
and Luxury band hotels. Maldives experiences will be highly preferred. As
location is remote| candidate is preferred to be able to relocate on single
package and there is no international schooling available.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Hotel and Restaurant
Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| housekeeping| sales and marketing| management operations| or related
Core Work Activities
Leading Rooms Team
• Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to
produce desired results.
• Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward
toward achievement of goals.
• Monitors and promotes room rates| specials| and promotions at the residence.
• Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
• Works with Rooms team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned
with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Reviews and audits expenses.
Managing Revenue Goals
• Monitors Rooms operations sales performance against budget.
• Reviews reports and financial statements to determine Rooms operations
performance against budget.
• Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy and
rate| wages and controllable expenses.
• Compares budgeted wages to actual wages| coaching direct reports to address
problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the
brand’s target customer.
• Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and
encourages the same from other employees.
• Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and ensures appropriate
corrective action is taken.
• Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to
the customer and property operations.
• Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms areas that meets or exceeds guest
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
• Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain
feedback on quality of product| service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained
feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Ensures that employees understand expectations and parameters for Room
• Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and
ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and hires employees.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Ensures that regular| ongoing communication is happening in Rooms (e.g.|
pre-shift briefings| staff meetings).
• Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service| participates in
daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all
interactions with guests and employees.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings
with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review
process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to
Standard Operating Procedures.
• Champions change| ensures brand and regional business initiatives are
implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
• Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams| and assists with their
growth and development plans.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._