Job Number 19157293
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region| Suite 1108 11th Floor Cityplaza
One| Hong Kong S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
The Assistant Manager| Guest Experience and Mobility Operations position will
support the Mobile Guest Services program and is a member of the Asia Pacific
Rooms Operations team. The purpose of this role is to work towards the
objectives of the Digital and Mobile Guest Services as well as Guest
Experience & Rooms Operations teams for all brands in the continent to ensure
continued execution of service excellence in the digital and guest experience
frameworks. Minimal travel may be required. The main responsibility for this
position is to partner with stakeholders| project teams| vendors| and hotels
to coordinate activities and drive issues to resolution. Specifically| will be
1. Supporting the implementation of Mobile Guest Services (with a focus on
the Mobile Key program)| acting as a liaison between hotels| project teams|
and vendors to drive successful implementation and support a smooth transition
2. Create Associate and Customer journeys to drive both associate
satisfaction and anticipation of guest needs
3. Plan and prepare for Mobile Guest Services training to deliver guestVoice
4. Identifying issues via data analysis and property interactions to resolve
Education and Experience
Minimum 2-year diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution in Hotel
and Restaurant Management| Business Administration| Engineering Information
Technology| Information Systems| or related major; or a minimum of 2 years of
• Possesses excellent project management skills and the ability to manage
multiple projects and competing priorities independently.
• Possesses substantial knowledge in Microsoft Office programs such as Word|
Excel| PowerPoint| OneNote| and SharePoint.
• Proficiency and comfort level with technology and iT configurations.
• Ability to work with a cross-functional team to achieve results in a remote
• Manages group and interpersonal conflict situations effectively.
• Ability to negotiate and create win-win situations.
• Ability to manage in a culturally diverse work environment and is a champion
for diversity effectiveness in the organization.
• Solid organizational and analytical skills for planning| coordinating| and
• Ability to clearly articulate activation plans for key stakeholders|
including senior leaders.
• Open to change and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Full-service hotel experience or knowledge of operations across all
• Multi-brand experience.
• Strong proven knowledge of trending technology and industry trends.
• Knowledge of or experience in hotel openings.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when
experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and
engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues|
problems| and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different
sources to conclude| develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions| solves
problems| and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence
and command respect from others to make a good first impression| and
represents the company in alignment with its values.
Driving for Results and Innovation
• Identifies key drivers of business/discipline success and aligns focus on
the critical few to achieve results.
• Identifies operational challenges associated with the discipline and
partners with the leadership to solve these challenges and/or develop
alternative solutions. Solicits stakeholder feedback on support processes and
follows through on the result with appropriate partners.
• Facilitates departmental feedback| capture and provide recommendations for
resolutions| progress or improvement
• Identifies trends| gaps| or patterns in business processes and lead
strategies to improve implementation tools| processes| and team performance.
• Manages partnership with properties. Facilitates and sets expectations with
properties for the level of support and accountability expected.
• Collaborates and communicates amongst team through technology such as
Microsoft Teams| Smartsheet| etc.
• Provide analysis of success measures and make recommendations on new and
improved implementation strategies.
• Reacts to property requests and corresponds with stakeholders to manage
business demands and documents within department guidelines. Identify trends
and provide recommendations for proactive solutions.
• Manage the development and implementation of various cross-discipline
projects| including proper tracking mechanisms| analysis| and reporting of
• Determines relevant success measures and creates and manages regular status
reports of project data for tracking effective completion.
• Collaborates to meet department and discipline deployment goals.
• Utilizes technology to analyze business processes and create efficiencies
within the organization.
• Partners with the project team to lead project meetings| training sessions|
• Processes and approves expense reports within guidelines of MIP-44; internal
LSOP’s and Concur expense.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.