Job Number 1900151O
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Hong Kong Tung Chung SH| Lot 38| 43a| Tung Chung| Hong Kong
S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Functions as the strategic business leader of rooms operations and acts as
General Manager in his/her absence. Areas of responsibility include Front
Office| | Retail/Gift Shops| Recreation/Fitness Center| Housekeeping and
Security/Loss Prevention. Position oversees the development and implementation
of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service
strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures the rooms operations meet
the brand’s target customer needs| ensures employee satisfaction| focuses on
growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and
services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target
customer and employees and provides a return on investment.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 4 years experience in the
guest services| front desk| housekeeping| sales and marketing| management
operations| or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Hotel and Restaurant
Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| housekeeping| sales and marketing| management operations| or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations
• Working with Rooms management team to develop an operational strategy that
is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Reviewing comment cards| guest satisfaction results and other data to
identify areas of improvement.
• Evaluating if Operations Team is meeting service needs and provides feedback
to operations team.
• Participating in public space walk-throughs with Engineering and
Housekeeping to ensure guest rooms| public space and back of the house areas
are well maintained and preventative maintenance processes are in place.
• Touring building on a regular basis speaking with employees and guests to
understand business needs and assess operational opportunities.
• Reviewing findings from comment cards and guest satisfaction results with
leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
• Working with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place
that support the execution of the strategy.
• Reviewing reports and financial statements to determine Rooms operations
performance against budget.
• Communicating a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to
produce desired results.
Leading Operations Teams
• Ensuring employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Celebrating successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
• Fostering employee commitment to providing excellent service| participating
in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all
interactions with guests and employees.
• Making and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward
toward achievement of goals.
Managing Relationships with Property Stakeholders
• Attending owners meetings and provides meaning or context to the rooms
operational and financial results.
• Establishing relationship with owner as a business partnership and supports
the relationship between the General Manager and the owner.
• Coaching and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy &
rate| wages and controllable expenses.
• Working with direct reports to determine areas of concern and establish ways
to improve the departments’ financial performance.
• Leading cost containment efforts within Rooms operations including
organizational restructuring when necessary.
• Focusing on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or
• Identifying key drivers of business success and keeping Rooms leadership
focused on the critical few to achieve results.
Managing the Guest Experience
• Creating an atmosphere in all Rooms and Food and Beverage areas that meets
or exceeds guest expectations.
• Championing the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and
ensures alignment amongst the Rooms leadership teams.
• Ensuring core elements of the service strategy are in place to produce the
• Establishing and maintaining open| collaborative relationships with direct
reports and entire Rooms operations team. Ensures direct reports do the same
for their team.
• Interfacing with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality
of product| service levels and overall satisfaction.