Job Number 19164501
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region| Suite 1108 11th Floor Cityplaza
One| Hong Kong S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
Contract Compliance supports the Continent in operating within a framework and
utilizing tools that provide the Continent the assurance to be in compliance
with the financial provisions of contractual arrangements. The position
partners with internal departments to establish and sustain a global
governance framework (policies| processes| and procedures) to ensure financial
contract compliance is executed by accountable parties. The position will
report to| and work under the supervision of senior manager within the Finance
Compliance Department. The analyst holding this position will work
collaboratively with internal business customers and third parties| as needed.
SCOPE/BUSINESS CONTEXT/EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS
• Manage continent|s contract applications to capture financial provisions
accurately and complete
• Monitor amendments for hotels and ensure to update contract applications
• Work with finance operation and hotel team closely to ensure their
understanding contractual obligations when on board
• Manage contractual obligations certifications to meet standards and deadline
• Prepare quarterly reports to reflect status of contractual obligation
measurement and hotels questions
• Manage accounts receivable and ensure to be collected timely
• Collaborate with accounting team to ensure billing owners are submitting
expenses timely and accurately
• Manage and analyze billing disputes to contracts and assist hotels to
address it timely
• Prepare and distribute monthly and quarterly reports to help business
partners to proactively manage compliance issues with customers
• Prepare monthly reports for financial review meetings and assist management
team on accounts receivable and reserve process
• Review Accounts Receivable write-offs and adjustments from billing disputes
• Support other departments to obtain billing information| if needed
• Provide training on the use of contract and AR applications| and global
• Prepare training materials for the finance operation teams
• Maintain contract and AR applications
• Design new applications in QuickBase
• Perform ad hoc tasks as assigned
• Minimum| three (3) years of experience in related fields – contract review|
public accounting| general accounting| process analysis and improvements
design and implementation| required.
Education and Certification
• Bachelor|s degree is required
• Professional qualification such as HKICPA/ACCA or equivalent qualification
Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to read and interpret terms included in contract agreements.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; committed to meet deadlines
• Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Work experiences with ERP system (PeopleSoft)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese are
required| other Asian language skills is a plus.
• Proficiency with Word| PowerPoint and Excel (e.g. VLOOKUP| pivot table|
• Knowledge with QuickBase is a plus.
• High degree of initiative; highly motivated self-starter.
• Creative thinker regarding process improvement and systematic process
• Customer service orientation with both internal and external customers.
• Support| manage| and initiate change within the organization| taking steps
to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace.
• Willing to travel domestically and internationally| up to 10% annually.
Based in Hong Kong.