Job Number 20021922
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region| Suite 1108 11th Floor Cityplaza
One| Hong Kong S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Islands
Located on the North Atoll of Maldives| The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Islands
will be part of a lively integrated Marina Village & Resort Destination with
world class luxury living & recreation facilities. The resort is made up of 4
islands with 100 island and overwater villas. There are 5 food & beverage
options distributed among the islands. Other than the all-day dining| guests
can enjoy Italian| Chinese and Japanese teppanyaki specialties. Uniquely
design facilities include an experiential Kids Club| Recreation Club and Spa.
Our Ladies & Gentlemen will have the unique opportunity to live in a dedicated
village campus| with quality accommodation| with its own beach| entertainment
and resort lifestyle facilities| which includes a dedicated learning center.
The Fari Islands is 50 mins away from Male by speedboat and 10 mins by
seaplane. The resort is estimated to open in Nov 2020.
Manages the daily functions of the department to ensure protection of property
assets| employees| guests and property. Maintains logs| certifications and
documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Trains staff in
established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention
procedures. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while
achieving the operating budget.
The ideal candidate for this role would have Pre-Opening experiences in resort
and Luxury band hotels. Maldives experiences will be highly preferred. As
location is remote| candidate is preferred to be able to relocate on single
package and there is no international schooling available.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the security/loss
prevention or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related
major; 2 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related
Core Work Activities
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists the Director of Engineering in administering fire prevention
programs and emergency preparedness.
• Conducts hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly
OSHA/SAFETY audits| incident tracking| and the hazard abatement process.
• Develops detailed |shut down| procedures for the property to ensure that all
areas are secured at the appropriate times.
• Comply with applicable laws and safety regulations.
• Follow proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
• Develop a monthly checklist for all cctv equipment| alarmed doors| and
duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
• Incorporate into patrols| which encompass all areas of the property|s
interior and exterior| an inspection tour of recording system.
• Follow Duty of Care process for the protection of guests and employees.
• Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would
impair the well being of guests and employees.
• Handles complaints| settling disputes| and resolving grievances and
conflicts| or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Monitors all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair
the well being of guests and employees.
• Oversees all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol
process| emergency response| investigations (initial & follow up) for all
guest and employee related incidents| shipping and receiving process (makes
recommendations for improvement)| electronic key system and manager on duties
• Oversees and guides the efforts of the Accident Prevention Committee.
• Oversees first aid program for guests and employees.
• Oversees the claims process and protects company assets by closely
monitoring the General Liability and Worker|s Compensation cases.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures| detailing procedure codes|
ensuring employee understanding of safety codes| monitoring processes and
procedures related to safety.
• Emphasizes teamwork| close working relationships with other departments and
assertive hospitality to serve as a deterrent to crime.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Provides personal assistance| medical attention| emotional support| or other
personal care to others such as coworkers| customers| or patients.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Identifies the educational needs of others| developing formal educational or
training programs or classes| and teaching or instructing others.
• Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to
establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
• Informs and/or updates the executives and peers on relevant information in a
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone| in written
form| e-mail| or in person.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._