Job Number 19168446
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location Hong Kong Tung Chung SH| Lot 38| 43a| Tung Chung| Hong Kong
S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Assists the Director of Security in managing security operations on a daily
basis. Areas of responsibilities include the protection and safety of property
assets| employees| guests and property| accident and fire prevention and
response. Ensures the continuous protection of guests| employees and hotel
assets. Maintains logs| certifications and documents required by law and
Standard Operating Procedures.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 8 years experience in the security/loss
prevention or related professional area| at least 2 years of managerial
position in hotel industry.
• Degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 8
year experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area|
at least 2 years of managerial position in hotel industry.
Excellent written and conversational skills in English & Cantonese| Putonghua would be an advantage.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security Operations
• Assists in the development and implementation of emergency procedures.
• Recommends follow-up action for security breaches.
• Conducts investigation of all losses of property assets and refers to proper
management for disposition.
• Deploys security staff to effectively monitor and protect property assets.
• Complies with all Corporate Security safety and security management
guidelines and procedures.
• Completes proper documentation and reports all employee accident and general
liability incidents to Claims Reporting Service.
• Conducts periodic patrols of entire property and parking areas.
• Recognizes success across areas of responsibility.
• Handles guest problems and complaints| settling disputes| and resolving
grievances and conflicts| or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Identifies and makes recommendations for minimizing physical hazards and
unsafe work practices.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Keeps abreast of local criminal activity as it may impact property.
• Maintains required reports and documentation regarding patrols of property
and parking areas.
• Inspects all security equipment and ensures it is fully functioning.
• Provides means for obtaining necessary medical attention on a timely basis.
• Conducts hourly employee performance appraisals according to Standard
• Identifies the educational needs of others| developing formal educational or
training programs or classes| and teaching or instructing others.
• Completes disciplinary procedures and documentation according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review
• Maintains first aid and CPR certifications required for Security officers.
• Implements local authority requirement for security and safety.
Leading Security Teams
• Attends pre- and post-convention and weekly forecast meetings to understand
group needs and gather critical information to communicate to security
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures| detailing procedure codes|
ensuring employee understanding of safety codes| monitoring processes and
procedures related to safety.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an |open door| policy and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates| including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Provides personal assistance| medical attention| emotional support| or other
personal care to others such as coworkers| customers| or patients.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifies excellent customer
service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Meets quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Assists in minimizing cost of accident claims through aggressive claims
• Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Administers property policies fairly and consistently.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Develops and maintains a working relationship with local law enforcement
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Provides guidance in setting health and safety policies and standards.
• Coordinates with Event Sales for VIP escort and media control for large