Job Number 19162564
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Hong Kong Tung Chung SH| Lot 38| 43a| Tung Chung| Hong Kong
S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Manages housekeeping functions and staff to ensure property guest rooms|
public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Areas of
responsibility include Housekeeping| Recreation/Health Club and| if
applicable| Laundry. Directs and works with team to successfully execute all
housekeeping operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee
satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures
that standards and procedures are being followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or
related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations
• Maintains strong working relationship with Front Office to ensure effective
communications for operational issues.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective
check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Ensures guestrooms| public space and employee areas are cleaned according to
• Ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies| standards and procedures.
• Initiates and maintains an effective inspection program including rooms|
public areas| employee work and locker areas| storage areas| recreation areas|
laundry areas| garage and grounds.
Managing Departmental Costs
• Supervises and approves the budgeting and ordering of guestroom and cleaning
• Understands the importance of department’s operation on the overall property
financial goals and educates staff on details as appropriate.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements|
budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Keeps the Housekeeping team focused on the critical components of operations
to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Manages department controllable expenses and cost per occupied room to
achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with
a focus on continuous improvement.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Develops goals and expectations for direct report managers.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee
problems or concerns.
• Communicates expectations| recognizes performance| and produces desired
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to
Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer
• Establishes goals and objectives for all areas of responsibility.
• Directs staff to strive for continuous improvement in all areas of
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate
skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs and
financial objectives are met.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.