Job Number 19162581
Job Category Event Management
Location Hong Kong Tung Chung SH| Lot 38| 43a| Tung Chung| Hong Kong
S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Oversees the functions of Event Management| including the departments of Event
Planning| Banquets/Catering| Event Service and Event Technology (Destination
Management| if applicable). Position ensures implementation of the brand
service strategy and brand initiatives. The position has overall
responsibility for executing all property events with a seamless turnover from
sales to operations and back to sales. Ensures the team meets the brand’s
target customer needs| ensures employee satisfaction| focuses on growing event
revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 8 years experience in the event management| food
and beverage| sales and marketing| or related professional area| including at
least 2 years in managerial position.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; 8 years
experience in the event management| food and beverage| sales and marketing| or
related professional area| including at least 2 years in managerial position.
• Excellent written and conversational English & Cantonese is a must|
Putonghua will be an advantage.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Event Management Operations and Budgets
• Researches and analyzes new products| pricing and services of competition.
• Works with direct reports to review scheduled events and troubleshoot
• Ensures the property is apprised of all groups that will impact property
• Works with culinary team to ensure compliance with food handling and
• Oversees Event Operations including Banquets| Event Services and Event
• Oversees event planning team (BEO/Resume writers).
• Ensures meeting space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned
• Ensures furniture and equipment is maintained and inventory levels are kept
in accordance to corporate guidelines.
• Leads the execution of brand service initiatives in event management areas.
• Develops an Event Management strategy that is aligned with the brand’s
business strategy and leads its execution.
Leading Event Management Teams
• Sets expectations and holds event management leadership team accountable for
desired service behaviors related to product and service delivery.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to
produce desired results.
• Identifies key drivers of business success and keeps team focused on the
critical few to achieve results.
• Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
• Ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and
communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
• Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and
deliver excellent guest service.
• Works directly with major groups when high profile and financial impact will
be significant (limited instances).
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices
and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase
additional revenue opportunities for the property.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or
exceeds guest expectations.
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for
events such as meetings| conferences| and conventions.
• Reviews and responds to results of Event Satisfaction Survey.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and
• Reviews property specific event operations annually and makes appropriate
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs
• Communicates and ensures departmental and property emergency procedures are
executed when necessary.
• Ensures that regular| ongoing communication is happening in all areas of
event operations (e.g.| BEO meetings| pre-event briefings| staff meetings|
food and beverage team| culinary team).