Job Number 19117090
Job Category Event Management
Location Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriott Hotel| 180 Wong Chuk Hang Road|
Aberdeen| Hong Kong S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Oversees the functions of Event Management| including the departments of Event
Planning| Banquets/Catering| Event Service and Event Technology (Destination
Management| if applicable). Position ensures implementation of the brand
service strategy and brand initiatives. The position has overall
responsibility for executing all property events with a seamless turnover from
sales to operations and back to sales. Ensures the team meets the brand’s
target customer needs| ensures employee satisfaction| focuses on growing event
revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the event management| food
and beverage| sales and marketing| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; 2 years
experience in the event management| food and beverage| sales and marketing| or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Event Management Operations and Budgets
• Researches and analyzes new products| pricing and services of competition.
• Works with direct reports to review scheduled events and troubleshoot
• Ensures the property is apprised of all groups that will impact property
• Works with culinary team to ensure compliance with food handling and
• Oversees Event Operations including Banquets| Event Services and Event
• Oversees event planning team (BEO/Resume writers).
• Ensures meeting space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned
• Ensures furniture and equipment is maintained and inventory levels are kept
in accordance to corporate guidelines.
• Leads the execution of brand service initiatives in event management areas.
• Develops an Event Management strategy that is aligned with the brand’s
business strategy and leads its execution.
Leading Event Management Teams
• Sets expectations and holds event management leadership team accountable for
desired service behaviors related to product and service delivery.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to
produce desired results.
• Identifies key drivers of business success and keeps team focused on the
critical few to achieve results.
• Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
• Ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and
communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
• Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and
deliver excellent guest service.
• Works directly with major groups when high profile and financial impact will
be significant (limited instances).
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices
and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase
additional revenue opportunities for the property.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or
exceeds guest expectations.
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for
events such as meetings| conferences| and conventions.
• Reviews and responds to results of Event Satisfaction Survey.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and
• Reviews property specific event operations annually and makes appropriate
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs
• Communicates and ensures departmental and property emergency procedures are
executed when necessary.
• Ensures that regular| ongoing communication is happening in all areas of
event operations (e.g.| BEO meetings| pre-event briefings| staff meetings|
food and beverage team| culinary team).