Job Number 19168443
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Hong Kong Tung Chung SH| Lot 38| 43a| Tung Chung| Hong Kong
S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Functions as the leader the segmented sales effort (e.g.| group| transient|
association| corporate| etc.) and responsible for implementing the segment
sales strategy and achieving revenue goals for properties within region. Leads
and manages all day-to-day activities related to the sales functions for
properties within region with a focus on building long-term| value-based
customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives.
Achieves personal booking goals and makes recommendations on booking goals of
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 4 years
experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Marketing| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and
marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing & Executing Sales Strategies
• Works with sales leaders from properties within region to ensure
understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy
for the segment.
• Develops| implements and sustains aggressive solicitation program focused on
• Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing
revenue| customers and the market for the segment led by the DOS.
• Assists with the development and implementation of promotions| both internal
• Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue
potential (e.g.| sets example with personal booking goals).
• Recommends booking goals for sales team members for properties within
Managing Sales Activities
• Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new
business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
Analyzing & Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
• Analyzes market information by using sales systems and implements strategy
to achieve financial room and catering goals for each property.
• Assists Revenue Management with completing accurate six period projections.
• Reviews sales and catering guest satisfaction results to identify areas of
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifies customer service and
creates a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Meets with guests during pre- and post-convention meetings to obtain
feedback on quality of product (e.g.| rooms| meeting facilities and equipment|
food and beverage)| service levels| execution against contract and overall
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of department meetings with a
focus on continuous improvement.
• Ensures that a customer recognition program is in effect throughout Sales.
• Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and
during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Gains understanding of each property’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution both prior to| and
during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders| both internal and
• Works collaboratively with on and off-property sales channels to ensure the
property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary| not
• Works with Human Resources| Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure
compliance with local| state and federal regulations and/or union
• Attends customer events| trade shows and sales missions to maintain| build
or develop key relationships with GSO managers and customers.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate
skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Develops| implements and maintains a departmental orientation program for
employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform
• Utilizes all available on the job training tools for employees.