Job Number 19098069
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region| Suite 1108 11th Floor Cityplaza
One| Hong Kong S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
The Director| Continent Fees Revenue and Finance PMO is a key member of the
Finance team. The position will report into the Vice President| Financial
Information & Operations Analysis| Asia Pacific and will focus on leading
Integration and Finance related projects and Continent Finance Change
Management processes within the APAC Continent. Key responsibilities will
include identify| plan and locally execute project management related
initiatives that will enable a successful delivery against the strategic
priorities of Marriott International. Success in this role requires strong
organizational skills| strategic thinking| and the ability to manage multiple
priorities at the same time. This position will work closely with other
departments within Marriott’s APAC Continent| Global Finance Management teams|
Area Finance Leaders| properties| as well as with senior leadership.
Education and Experience
4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major
6+ years of relevant professional experience| demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
8+ years of relevant professional experience| demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
Prior experience leading the planning and execution of strategic projects in Finance disciplines.
Prior experience in leading consulting company.
Hospitality related financial background would be advantageous.
_CORE WORK ACTIVITIES_
1. Ensure accurate calculation| validation and reporting of APAC fee revenue:
1. Monthly validation of APAC Managed & Franchised properties
2. Monthly reporting of APAC Franchised Hotels
3. Monitor| measure| and report monthly fee risks & opportunities
2. Ensure compliance with operating agreements and US GAAP – all cycles (actual| business plan| budget| forecast):
1. Coordination of the Continent revenue recognition policy.
2. Revenue Based Fee Audit for Franchise hotels
3. Manage all tools & systems related to Continent fee revenue calculation| validation & reporting
1. Continent fee reporting tools
2. Continent representative from APAC & partner with FCC for Project Train
4. Coordinate and facilitate processes across key stakeholder groups (for e.g. Compliance| Tax team| Legal| Continent reporting team| Finance Business Partners)| including form agreement language/provisions/exhibits| transaction support (including non-standard language).
Project Management & Integration Support:
1. Act as Finance PMO for Integration related projects:
1. 2019 Stabilization of post RD1
2. 2019 Productivity 2.0
3. 2019 Project Hotstats
2. Tracking| Analyzing & Reporting all Finance related projects
3. Coordinate and facilitate Continent Finance Change Management processes across key stakeholder groups including all disciplines within APAC Continent| Continent & Global Change Management team| Area Finance Leaders| Properties
Project Management Leadership:
Provide project management and analytical support for large| complex| cross-
function implementation projects. Acts as a project management leader and day-
to-day project decision maker with the following responsibilities:
Accountable to the results of the project
Provide content guidance to the project
Participate in review cycles at key milestones & provide go/no-go decision
Actively participate in strategy sessions
Contribute to strategy development
Develop and drive implementation plan
Ensure appropriate sponsorship and resourcing
Establish key milestones and approval roles
Ensure timely delivery against milestones
· Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when
experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing
and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands
issues| problems| and opportunities; obtains and compares information from
different sources to draw conclusions| develops and evaluates alternatives and
solutions| solves problems| and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey
confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and
represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams – Participates as a member of a
team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion
and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self
and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates| focuses|
and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment
goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources
required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and
arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds
openness| trust| and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and
· Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on
an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the
company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse
styles| abilities| motivations| and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes
differences to drive innovation| engagement and enhance business results; and
ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of
assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals
of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management – Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals
develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning
opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to
manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach
business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and
knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday
business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-
specific work challenges.
· Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for
accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software
(e.g.| personal computers| word processing software| Internet browsers| etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning – Adds| subtracts| multiplies| or divides
quickly| correctly| and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension – Listens to and understands information and ideas
presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in
work related documents.
o Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the
needs of the audience.