Job Number 19127720
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Le Meridien Cyberport| 100 Cyberport Road| Hong Kong S.A.R.|
Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Le Meridien| we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and
engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and
creative| cosmopolitan| culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated|
timeless service. We provide original| chic and memorable service and
experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for
curious| creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate
connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected
experiences| we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Meridien.
Manages all engineering/maintenance operations| including maintaining the
building| grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety|
security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget| capital
expenditure projects| preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency
response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and
maintenance or related professional area; technical training in
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction|
Engineering| Mechanics| or related major; 2 years experience in the
engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations and Engineering Budgets
• Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment| refrigeration|
HVAC| plumbing| water treatment| electrical and life safety systems.
• Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness| efficiency and
• Establishes and manages an effective rooms maintenance program.
• Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies| standards and
• Manages department|s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted
• Select and order or purchase new equipment| supplies| and furnishings.
• Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to
determine the type of work required.
• Recommend or arrange for additional services such as painting| repair work|
renovations| and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• Assists in effectively planning| scheduling and evaluating preventative
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer
service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
• Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to
create awareness of business objectives| awareness of expectations and
recognition of exemplary performance.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Supervises employee|s ability to execute departmental and property emergency
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee
problems or concerns.
• Solicits employee feedback.
• Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to
Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.