Job Number 20006501
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Hong Kong Tung Chung SH| Lot 38| 43a| Tung Chung| Hong Kong
S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Supports the day-to-day execution of general ledger impacted processes|
including support to clients as they work with and understand these processes.
Performs accounting functions specifically in the areas of account balancing|
ledger reconciliation| reporting and discrepancy resolution.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work| Projects| and Policies
• Coordinates and implements accounting work and projects as assigned.
• Coordinates| implements and follows up on Accounting SOP audits for all
areas of the property.
• Complies with all applicable laws related to fraud and collection
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Compiles| codes| categorizes| calculates| tabulates| audits| or verifies
information or data.
• Balances credit card ledgers.
• Verifies contracts for groups and performs credit reference checks for
direct billed groups if necessary.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals| budget goals| team
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Submits reports in a timely manner| ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Monitors all taxes that apply| ensuring that taxes are current| collected
• Maintains a strong accounting and operational control environment to
• Completes period end function each period.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding
accounting and budgeting policies and procedures| and efficient control and
utilization of financial resources.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues| products| systems| and
• Demonstrates knowledge of return check procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the Gross Revenue Report.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with write off procedures.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with consolidated deposit procedures.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to
program| write software| set up functions| enter data| or process information.
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether
events or processes comply with laws| regulations| or standards.
Leading Accounting Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Motivates and provides a work environment where employees are productive.
• Imposes deadlines and delegates tasks.
• Provides an |open door policy| and is highly visible in areas of
• Understands how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment.
• Manages the quality process in areas of customer service and employee
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews| selects and trains employees.
• Appraises employee’s productivity and efficiency for the purpose of
recommending promotions or other changes in status.
• Follows progressive discipline procedures as appropriate.
• Provides for the safety and security of the employees or the property.
• Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
• Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to
Standard Operating Procedures.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Demonstrates personal integrity.
• Uses effective listening skills.
• Demonstrates self confidence| energy and enthusiasm.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict effectively.
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Manages time well and possesses strong organizational skills.
• Presents ideas| expectations and information in a concise| well organized
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Makes collections calls if necessary.