Job Number 19110068
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Le Meridien Cyberport| 100 Cyberport Road| Hong Kong S.A.R.|
Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Le Meridien| we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and
engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and
creative| cosmopolitan| culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated|
timeless service. We provide original| chic and memorable service and
experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for
curious| creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate
connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected
experiences| we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Meridien.
Entry level management position that focuses on supporting the day-to-day
activities in Housekeeping| Recreation/Health Club and Laundry| if applicable.
Position works with employees to clean and maintain guestrooms and public
space. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective
action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while
maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the housekeeping or related
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Ensures knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations are up to date.
• Oversees all lost and found procedures.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective
check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on guest room maintenance
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Assists in supervising an effective inspection program for all guestrooms
and public space.
• Manages linen inventory and guest supplies and assists in the ordering of
supplies as necessary.
• Supervises Housekeeping and all related areas in the absence of the Director
of Services or Housekeeping Manager.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.