Job Number 19168441
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Hong Kong Tung Chung SH| Lot 38| 43a| Tung Chung| Hong Kong
S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Assists in the development and implementation of strategies that deliver
products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the
brand’s target customer and employees across multiple properties. Provides the
financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand
service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on
investment. Assists with the creation and execution of a business plan that is
aligned with the property and brand’s business strategy and focuses on the
execution of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable
financial results. The Assistant Controller manages the day-to-day operation
of the Accounting Office. Primary responsibilities include financial analysis
and financial reporting| budgeting/forecasting| audit and control| asset and
liability reconciliation| working capital and cash control.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 2 year
experience in the finance and accounting or related professional.
• Master|s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Management of Accounting Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Monitors internal| external and regulatory audit processes.
• Verifies that regular on-going communication occurs with associates to
create awareness of business objectives| communicate expectations| and
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with associates.
• Provides excellent leadership (e.g.| differentiates top performers| fosters
teamwork and encourages work/life balance).
• Verifies associates establish and maintain open| collaborative relationships
within their team.
• Participates in the associate performance appraisal process| providing
feedback as needed.
• Verifies disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according
to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the
Peer Review Process.
• Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Utilizes an |open door| policy.
• Solicits associate feedback.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Compiles| codes| categorizes| calculates| tabulates| audits| or verifies
information or data.
• Verifies that the P&L is accurate (i.e.| costs are properly matched to
revenue| costs are recorded in the proper accounts) and statements are
delivered to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
• Reconciles balance sheet to verifiy account balances are supported by
appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
• Verifies tax rates used for sales/use tax are current and proper amounts are
collected and/or accrued.
• Verifies compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and
• Verifies account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in
accordance with SOPs.
• Reviews audit issues and makes corrections as necessary.
• Verifies property permits| licenses and if applicable vendor contracts are
• Leverages centralized accounting processes and shared services (e.g.|
Marriott Business Services).
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues| products| systems| and
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to
program| write software| set up functions| enter data| or process information.
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether
events or processes comply with laws| regulations| or standards.
• Leverages technology and effectively uses information systems and tools to
generate financial reports and provide managers with analytical support to
Proving Financial Information and Guidance to Others
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant financial information in a timely manner.
• Attends critique meetings to review information with management team.
• Advises the Director of Finance on existing and evolving operating/financial
• Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is
easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding
accounting and budgeting policies and procedures| and efficient control and
utilization of financial resources.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Submits reports in a timely manner| ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Verifies profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals| budget goals| team
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Monitors all taxes that apply| ensuring that taxes are current| collected
• Supports a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard
assets| improve operations and profitability and manage business risks.
• Reviews audit issues to verify accuracy.