Job Number 20021924
Job Category Human Resources
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region| Suite 1108 11th Floor Cityplaza
One| Hong Kong S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Islands
Located on the North Atoll of Maldives| The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Islands
will be part of a lively integrated Marina Village & Resort Destination with
world class luxury living & recreation facilities. The resort is made up of 4
islands with 100 island and overwater villas. There are 5 food & beverage
options distributed among the islands. Other than the all-day dining| guests
can enjoy Italian| Chinese and Japanese teppanyaki specialties. Uniquely
design facilities include an experiential Kids Club| Recreation Club and Spa.
Our Ladies & Gentlemen will have the unique opportunity to live in a dedicated
village campus| with quality accommodation| with its own beach| entertainment
and resort lifestyle facilities| which includes a dedicated learning center.
The Fari Islands is 50 mins away from Male by speedboat and 10 mins by
seaplane. The resort is estimated to open in Nov 2020.
The HR Manager directs and works with Human Resources and Operations employees
to carry out the daily activities of the Human Resource Office including
oversight of recruitment| total compensation| training and development|
association/labor relations| and performance management. Additionally| the HR
Manager focuses on delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of
employees and enable business success; as well as ensures compliance with all
applicable laws| regulations and operating procedures.
The ideal candidate for this role would have Pre-Opening experiences in resort
and Luxury band hotels. Maldives experiences will be highly preferred. As
location is remote| candidate is preferred to be able to relocate on single
package and there is no international schooling available.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the human resources|
management operations| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources| Business
Administration| or related major; 2 years experience in the human resources|
management operations| or related professional area.
Core Work Activities
Leading and Monitoring Recruitment and Hiring Activity
• Assists in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resource employee team
members with the appropriate skills| as needed.
• Establishes and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
• Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in
accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
• Networks with local organizations (e.g.| Hotel Association and peers) to
source candidates for current or future openings.
• Oversees/monitors candidate identification and selection process.
• Provides subject matter expertise to property managers regarding selection
• Partners with vendor partners to ensure effective advertisement efforts are
being utilized for open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse
• Performs quality control on vendor partner’s performance regarding applicant
sourcing and selection.
Administering and Providing Education Related to Employee Benefits
• Works with unemployment services provider to respond to unemployment claims;
reviews provider reports for accuracy and corrects errors.
• Prepares| audits and distributes unemployment claim activity reports to
• Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly represented.
• Ensures that department has the available resources on hand to administer
Managing Employee Development
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the
appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; supervise on-
going training initiatives and conducts training| when appropriate.
• Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to
generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the
importance of guest service in company culture.
• Ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team
in training programs
• Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation
processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training
to successfully perform their job.
Maintaining Employee Relations
• Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the
property (e.g.| develops daily communications and assists with regularly
scheduled property-wide meetings).
• Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency|
and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining
• Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns
in a timely manner
• Ensures employee issues are referred to the Department Manager for
resolution or escalated to the Director of Human Resources/Multi-Property
Director of Human Resources.
• Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct employee accident investigations|
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions
for each position.
Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
• Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork| proper
performance management and compensation documentation| are properly maintained
and secured for the required length of time.
• Ensures compliance with procedure for accessing| reviewing| and auditing
employee files and ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.
• Ensures medical records are maintained in a separate| secure and
confidential medical file.
• Facilitates random| reasonable belief and post accident drug testing process
(in properties where applicable).
• Communicates property rules and regulations via the employee handbook.
• Ensures all safety and security policies (e.g.| property removal| lost and
found items| blood borne pathogens| accident reporting| and hygiene) are
communicated to employees on a regular basis through orientation| property
meetings| bulletin boards| etc.
• Conducts periodic claims reviews with Regional Claims office to ensure
claims are closed in a timely manner and reserve levels are appropriate for
• Represents Human Resources at the property Safety Committee; helps to
identify ways to create awareness of the importance of safety in the workplace
and decrease accident frequency and severity.
• Manages Workers Compensation claims to ensure appropriate employee care and
• Oversees the selection/non-selection and offers processes to ensure proper
procedures are followed (e.g.| valid reasons for selection/non-selection and
applicants receive status notifications).
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._