Job Number 19168482
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Hong Kong Tung Chung SH| Lot 38| 43a| Tung Chung| Hong Kong
S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Manages the daily kitchen utility operations and staff. Areas of
responsibilities include dish room operations| night cleaning| back dock
cleaning and maintenance| banquet plating and food running. Supervises kitchen
employees not actively engaged in cooking (e.g.| dishwashers| kitchen helpers|
etc.). Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while
maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the procurement| food and
beverage| culinary| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business
Administration| or related major; 2 years experience in the procurement| food
and beverage| culinary| or related professional area.
• Excellent written and conversational English and Cantonese is a must.
__ __ ~~~~ __ __ ~~~~
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies|
equipment| tools| and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Schedules events| programs| and activities| as well as the work of others.
• Monitors the inflow of ordered materials and the maintenance of current
• Conducts china| glass and silver inventories.
• Controls inventories of food| equipment| smallware| and liquor| and report
shortages to designated personnel.
• Inspects supplies| equipment| and work areas in order to ensure efficient
service and conformance to standards.
• Investigates reports and follows-up on employee accidents.
• Manages all equipment| china| glass and silver (e.g.| adequate clean
supplies of each).
• Supervises employees ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent
accidents and control costs.
• Enforces proper cleaning routines for serviceware| equipment| floors| etc.
• Enforces proper use and cleaning of all dish room machinery.
• Ensures all food holding and transport equipment is in working order.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
Leading Kitchen Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Provides the leadership| vision and direction to bring together and
prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals| budget goals| team
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions
for each position.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees.
• Participates in the management of department|s controllable expenses to
achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Solicits employee feedback.
• Understands the impact of department|s operation on the overall property
financial goals and objectives.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Attends meetings and communicates with executive| peers| and subordinates as
an effort to improve quality of service.
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensures the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates| including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Recruits| interviews| selects| hires| and promotes employees in the
• Trains employees in safety procedures.
• Provides feedback to individuals based on observation of service behaviors.
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee
problems or concerns.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to
Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures utility staff is properly trained regarding sanitation| equipment
handling and chemical usage.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.