Job Number 20021916
Job Category Spa
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region| Suite 1108 11th Floor Cityplaza
One| Hong Kong S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Islands
Located on the North Atoll of Maldives| The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Islands
will be part of a lively integrated Marina Village & Resort Destination with
world class luxury living & recreation facilities. The resort is made up of 4
islands with 100 island and overwater villas. There are 5 food & beverage
options distributed among the islands. Other than the all-day dining| guests
can enjoy Italian| Chinese and Japanese teppanyaki specialties. Uniquely
design facilities include an experiential Kids Club| Recreation Club and Spa.
Our Ladies & Gentlemen will have the unique opportunity to live in a dedicated
village campus| with quality accommodation| with its own beach| entertainment
and resort lifestyle facilities| which includes a dedicated learning center.
The Fari Islands is 50 mins away from Male by speedboat and 10 mins by
seaplane. The resort is estimated to open in Nov 2020.
Responsible for managing and supervising all areas of the spa| including its
programs| services| hours of operation| facilities and staff. Coordinates the
delivery of spa services| including salon| skin care| fitness and wellness|
massage| program coordinating| reservations| reception desk and locker room
areas. As a department head| directs and works with the management team and
hourly employees to successfully execute all spa operations. Strives to
continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial
performance of the department.
The ideal candidate for this role would have Pre-Opening experiences in resort
and Luxury band hotels. Maldives experiences will be highly preferred. As
location is remote| candidate is preferred to be able to relocate on single
package and there is no international schooling available.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 4 years experience in the
spa| guest services| front desk| sales and marketing| or related professional
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Hotel and Restaurant
Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the spa| guest services|
front desk| sales and marketing| or related professional area.
Core Work Activities
Managing Spa Operations and Budgets
• Selects vendors for spa retail operations and managing contract agreements.
• Oversees retail product research| product selection and purchasing| product
• Manages supply inventories and purchasing control| including uniforms.
• Monitors the spa|s actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are
met or exceeded.
• Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
Managing Spa Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Creates and coordinates special services for groups including group gifting
programs| group amenities| group turndown gifts| letters and invitations|
creating special spa services for specific groups and spa contract addendum
• Develops and Manages spa promotions including gifting programs| gift with
purchase| co-op marketing efforts and holiday events.
• Ensures spa services are included in all property-related marketing and
• Identifies and recommending new products and product enhancements to remain
competitive in the market.
Managing Spa Revenue Management Strategy
• Monitors and Manages the payroll function.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements|
budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Manages Spa controllable expenses such guest amenities| linen expense|
professional salon products| plants| decorations and paper supplies to achieve
or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifying excellent customer
service| and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Reviews comment cards| guest satisfaction results and other data to identify
areas of improvement.
• Reviews findings with employees to develop appropriate corrective action|
sharing plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken
to continuously improve results.
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate
skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Develops| implements and maintains a Spa orientation program for employees
to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an “open door” policy and reviewing
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of
responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates
expectations| recognizing performance| and producing desired business results.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._