Job Number 19152145
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location W Hong Kong| 1 Austin Road West| Kowloon| Hong Kong| Hong Kong
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury| W turns the traditional notion of
the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for
excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a
life less ordinary that drives them to demand more| experience it all| and hit
We share our guests’ passions| providing insider access to what’s new and
what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for
life demands more| not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a
mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene
that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world| then we invite you
to explore a career with W Hotels.
Responsible for bar/lounge daily shift operations and supervision of staff.
Position assists with promoting the lounge| menu planning| maintains
standards| assists servers on the floor during peak periods and manages
property liquor inventories and controls. Strives to ensure guest and employee
satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable for enforcing
all legal obligations professionally and consistently. Determines training
needed to accomplish goals| then implements plan. Strengthens the food and
beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage|
culinary| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or
related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage| culinary| or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Bar/Lounge Operations
• Implements agreed upon beverage policy and procedures throughout the
• Manages in compliance with all local| state and Federal beverage and liquor
• Understands beverage control including days on hand| perpetual inventory|
bar pars| portion control| costs controls| beverage potentials| mix of sales
analysis for beverage| issue & returns| food standards| and period end
• Monitors adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures.
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings as needed to understand group
• Comprehends budgets| operating statements and payroll progress reports as
needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Participates in the management of department|s controllable expenses to
achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Ensures compliance with all Bar/Lounge policies| standards and procedures.
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Manages inventories according to budget and business levels.
• Assists with developing menus and promotions as necessary.
Leading Bar/Lounge Team
• Trains staff on liquor control policies and procedures.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Communicates critical information to the Bar/Lounge staff regarding each
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Responds effectively to guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Provides feedback to individuals in an effort to improve service
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Managing Human Resource Activities
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the
appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action