Job Number 20019737
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region| Suite 1108 11th Floor Cityplaza
One| Hong Kong S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us At more than 80 award-winning properties
worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so
exceptional that long after a guest stays with us| the experience stays with
them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences| we set the
standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to
explore The Ritz-Carlton.
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Islands
Located on the North Atoll of Maldives| The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Islands
will be part of a lively integrated Marina Village & Resort Destination with
world class luxury living & recreation facilities. The resort is made up of 4
islands with 100 island and overwater villas. There are 5 food & beverage
options distributed among the islands. Other than the all-day dining| guests
can enjoy Italian| Chinese and Japanese teppanyaki specialties. Uniquely
design facilities include an experiential Kids Club| Recreation Club and Spa.
Our Ladies & Gentlemen will have the unique opportunity to live in a dedicated
village campus| with quality accommodation| with its own beach| entertainment
and resort lifestyle facilities| which includes a dedicated learning center.
The Fari Islands is 50 mins away from Male by speedboat and 10 mins by
seaplane. The resort is estimated to open in Nov 2020.
Provides a high level of property maintenance knowledge. Position has overall
responsibility for maintaining the building| grounds and physical plant with
particular attention towards safety| security and asset protection.
Accountable for managing the budget| capital expenditure projects|
preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Develops and implements
strategies that will deliver products and services| which meet or exceed the
needs and expectations of guests and employees while maximizing the financial
performance. Responsible for maintaining standards and regulatory
requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
The ideal candidate for this role would have Pre-Opening experiences in resort
and Luxury band hotels. Maldives experiences will be highly preferred. As
location is remote| candidate is preferred to be able to relocate on single
package and there is no international schooling available.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the engineering and
maintenance or related professional area; technical training in
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction|
Engineering| Mechanics| or related major; 4 years experience in the
engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training
Core Work Activities
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
• Works with property and regional engineering leadership team to determine
how Engineering is performing against budget and highlights areas of concern
• Manages the physical plant including equipment| refrigeration| HVAC|
plumbing| water treatment and electrical systems in accordance with Standard
• Administers service contracts to support property needs.
• Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures| equipment
• Coaches and supports engineering leadership team to effectively manage
controllable expenses (e.g.| wages| heat| light and power| water consumption|
tools and equipment| grounds keeping supplies| uniforms| vendors| service
agreements| inventory| etc.).
• Manages and controls heat| light and power.
• Develops an engineering operating strategy that is aligned with the
property/brand’s business strategy.
• Develops and manages Engineering budget.
• Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
• Oversees execution of long term preventative maintenance and 10 year asset
• Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Engineering is
performing against budget.
• Addresses potential areas of concern and proposing solutions to owners in a
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to
produce desired results.
• Supervises construction to ensure timely completion of projects within
Maintaining Engineering Standards
• Ensures compliance with state| local and federal regulations.
• Maintains property life safety systems (e.g.| fire fighting equipment|
sprinkler systems| and alarm systems).
• Ensures building and equipment licenses| permits and certifications are
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements|
budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Monitors and manages the payroll function.
• Manages department|s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted
• Participates in the development of department|s capital expenditure goals;
manages projects as needed.
• Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
• Prepares weekly and period end P&L critiques.
• Understands the impact of department|s operation on the overall property
financial goals; educates staff on details as appropriate.
• Reviews and manages controllable expenses such as| heat| light| power| water
consumption| tools and equipment| grounds keeping supplies| uniforms| vendors|
service agreements| etc.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to
Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer
• Utilizes employee feedback and an “open door” policy to identify and address
employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team
• Resolves guest problems and complaints.
• Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication takes place throughout the
engineering operation to communicate daily operations activities| set
expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
_T _he Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws.__