Job Number 19158764
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers| 20 Nathan Road| Kowloon|
Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years
ago| with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob
Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth
Avenue| St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke
service. Today| with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world| St.
Regis is a place where trends are born| boundaries are broken and guests can
simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Serves as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations|
ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided.
Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related
situation. Manages the flow of questions and directs guests within the lobby.
Serves as Guest Relations Manager and handles the tracking of service issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Guest Services Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and building mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises and managing employees. Managing all day-to-day operations.
Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Supervises Concierge and/or Bell Staff| when applicable.
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Handles complaints| settling disputes| and resolving grievances and
conflicts| or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and ensures that all uniformed
employees are properly attired and groomed| each wearing a nametag.
• Assists with energy conservation efforts by monitoring compliance during
Managing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program| communicating and
ensuring the process.
• Conducts regular inspection tours of the entire facility for appearance|
safety| staffing| security| and maintenance.
• Sends copy of MOD report to all departments on a daily basis.
• Ensures compliance with all policies| standards and procedures.
• Understands and can implement all emergency plans including accident| death|
elevator| thefts| vicious crimes| bombs| fire| etc.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Intervenes in any guest/employee situation as needed to insure the integrity
of the property is maintained| guest satisfaction is achieved| and employee
well being is preserved.
• Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
• Maintains high visibility in public areas during peak times.
• Provides immediate assistance to guests as requested.
• Interacts with customers on a regular basis throughout the property to
obtain feedback on quality of product| service levels and overall
• Records guest issues in the guest response tracking system.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Providing guidance and direction to subordinates| including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs and
financial objectives are met.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members
with the appropriate skills.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Informs and/or updating the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Communicates any variations to the established norms to the appropriate
department in a timely manner.
• Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support
property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems
that may arise through the general operation of the property.
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
• Performs Front Desk duties in high demand times.