Job Number 20006498
Job Category Event Management
Location Hong Kong Tung Chung SH| Lot 38| 43a| Tung Chung| Hong Kong
S.A.R.| Hong Kong| Hong Kong S.A.R.
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Directs and motivates banquet team while personally assisting in providing
high quality service based on requirements and standards. Monitors and
controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset
protection. Provides clear and concise communications to everyone servicing
the event. Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy to
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 10 years experience in the banquet or related
professional area| at least 2 years in managerial position.
• Excellent written and conversational English and Cantonese is preferred|
Putonghua will be an advantage.
__ __ ~~~~
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Banquet Services Operations
• Projects supply needs for the department| (e.g.| china| glass| silver|
buffet presentations| props).
• Applies knowledge of all laws| as they relate to an event.
• Understands the impact of Banquet operations on the overall success of an
event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards| policies| and procedures.
• Maintains established sanitation levels.
• Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment.
• Uses banquet beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet
beverage perpetual inventory.
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards| while
• Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain
business and increase growth.
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
• Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet team.
• Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and
cutting edge cuisine with emphasis on current event trends.
• Acts as a liaison to the kitchen staff.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and
ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
• Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action
• Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey results and participates in the
development and implementation of corrective action to address service
challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.